Fluid Isometrics is proud to participate in the CEO Sleepout in support of Change For The Better. On Thursday, September 18 our founder & CEO, Deanna Hansen will join over 150 Winnipeg leaders from the private and public sectors to help bring attention and awareness to the intricate and complex issue of homelessness in Winnipeg and the downtown community.
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ has taken a leadership role in advocating for a permanent solution to homelessness, through the CEO Sleepout, an annual fundraising event that has engaged and mobilized the corporate community to rally around housing initiatives and employment programs for the homeless. Since 2011, the CEO Sleepout has raised over $400,000 to support Change for the Better, a program that provides social agencies with funding to employ their participants. Over 40 of our city’s most vulnerable have been employed to work downtown since 2011 — with many of these individuals returning to school or finding permanent full-time work. The CEO Sleepout served as a catalyst for the creation of the Winnipeg Poverty Reduction Council’s Task Force to End Homelessness.
“Some of us are just one tragedy away from being homeless and I am thankful everyday to have the support of so many loved ones. I have also seen first-hand the difference that one person can make in a homeless person’s life and I’m very honoured to have the opportunity to join forces with Change for the Better. If one person can make a difference, we should be able to make a change.” says Fluid Isometrics founder and CEO, Deanna Hansen.
How you can support the CEO Sleepout
You can do your part to help put an end to homelessness in Winnipeg.
- Donate online by clicking here
- Wear your support with an exclusive bracelet designed by Mokada Jewelry. Costs $70 and 10% of proceeds go to the program. Now available with a leather strap! Contact [email protected] or (204) 958-4635 for more information
- Donate at downtown businesses who have collection boxes. (Click here to see the list)
- Help spread the word on Social Media! Follow Change For the Better on Twitter
Here’s how your donations can help
- $50 – One trainee employed for 5 hrs
- $100 – One trainee outfitted, tooled & employed for first 8 hr day of work
- $200 – Two trainee’s outfitted, tooled & employed for first 8 hr day of work
- $500 – One trainee outfitted, tooled, employed and supervised for one week of work
- $1000 – Two trainee’s outfitted, tooled, employed and supervised for one week of work
Donate to the CEO Sleepout
Learn more about the CEO Sleepout
Click here to learn more about the agencies funded and the people’s lives they help to change.
Click here to learn more about the people helped. Full Stories of Change book to be published September, 2014.
Click here to read Winnipeg’s 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness.
Click here to read Stefano Grande’s (Downtown BIZ Executive Director) op-ed on why ending homelessness should be a civic priority.